Posted by Creative Colchester
Mental Health Support for Creatives
This week Colchester-based cultural agitators the hub are inviting artists, freelancers and people running their own creative businesses to put their mental health at the top of their to do lists.
the hub is teaming up with the Creative Industries Federation to deliver a practical and friendly online session that will explore just why you need to take care of your mind if you want to take care of your business, especially during a period of such seismic and ungoing uncertainty.
Joining hub director Julia Payne for this session will be Andy Gibson, founder of the brilliant Mindapples charity, and this is what they’ll cover:
· How much the health of your business relies on you having good mental health
· Why creatives are more prone to having poor mental health, and what you can do about it
· Why it’s important that you – as freelancers – take care of your mental health
· What having better mental health will do for you and your career/business
· How you can get smarter about all of this
This session, happening on Weds 17 June 10-11.15am, is the first of a series of 4 monthly sessions they’re running on Zoom, designed to help you take better care of your mind and your business. Thanks to the EU-funded SECCADS programme and Colchester Borough Council they’ll all be entirely free.
To sign up for the session follow this link: https://bit.ly/2AV9oRS